ROLF is intended to fulfil the following requirements, listed in order of importance (to me).
- Provide a Graphical User Interface with as near as possible the look and feel of the RISC OS Wimp.
- Provide the basic functions (iconbar, filer, task manager) of the GUI as native applications.
- Provide a platform (GTK) for major Linux applications to be modified to match the RISC OS style.
- Allow porting of RISC OS applications to run on Linux
- Allow running of RISC OS desktop applications without
recompilation, using Brandy for BASIC programs and ARM processor emulation
for other programs.
Last update: Thursday 10th May 2007