ROLF is made up of four major components.
Applications are expected to have as small a footprint as possible and to
avoid any display optimisation techniques (e.g. caching decompressed JPEG
images) in order that they may run on low powered machines.
- The Wimp server
A standalone program that mediates access to the screen and handles input from the user (keyboard and pointer).
- The Libraries
- The ROLF Essential Applications
- Iconbar (provides the icon bar and backdrop)
- Filer (provides the filer interface)
- The Task Manager (Tux)
- The ROLF Utility Applications
- Viewer (An image viewer)
- MPlayer (Audio/Video player based on MPlayer)
- Terminal (A simple terminal program)